Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Tuesday 4.6: Muscle-up practice, metcon, headstand

Tuesday. Muscle-up training. Metcon, time 17.52. Headstand skills training.

Today's main concept was a metcon of bodyweight movements, got my breathing go heavy on this one. Prior to the metcon I tried to do ring muscle-ups. Afterwards did some headstand skills and abs copied from Crossfit Games athlete Talayna Fortunato's blog. For warm-up I rowed 500m and did 5x20 unbroken double unders.

Headstand

Muscle-up training. Tried a few sets but today was not the day for my first ring muscle-up. Couldn't keep the package tight and thus the rings fell too wide apart from each other. This was still way better than before. Those bar muscle-ups definitely have helped me in this area. I can perform several of them in singles and soon I'll master the ring version as well!

Muscle-up training

Metcon. Time 17.52

  • 15 hspu
  • 50 air squats
  • 50 double unders
  • 50 push-ups
  • 50 box jumps, 61cm
  • 2.000m row

The main objective of the workout was to move my body without weights. Handstand push-ups to begin with. Originally I had 10 reps but decided to upgrade it to 15 to get more practice there. Good call. Last week's run / squat metcon brought me back to reality on the air squats. Got to do them 'cause they felt hard a week ago. Today I completed 50 of them.

The double unders I broke in two sets not to burn my shoulders too much. Still, the push-ups were a joke! Don't even dare to unravel in what type of sets I was able to do… But to say something, it took waaaaay too much time! The box jumps at this stage of the game were leg-burners. Breathing was going heavier by the minute so I got that feeling with the box jumps that I usually am after. The hamstrings are on fire, heart is pumping and focus is purely on the next box jump.

To have the 2k row at the end of the workout while blood is pumping fiercely in my veins, I had to mentally uptalk myself to finish the workout. I started and finished easily on the row, it took 7.34min to finish that rowing. The last part of the workout was cruel, but intentionally created.

Headstand training. Took a few sets of headstand training to find balance being inverted. Hopefully this helps my handstand training as well. Getting more and more familiar being upside down.

Cashout. L-sit 0:30, 0:10.

  • 2 x max time L-sit hold, immediately turned into 1min plank hold into 30 sit-ups.

I read Talayna Fortunato's blog on a regular basis and caught inspiration from her training. Some abs in the end.

Toni's workouts. AM: swimming. PM: deadlift, burpees, pull-ups, push-ups and sit-ups

  • Swimming 1k
  • Deadlift 5-5-5-5-5 (100, 110, 110, 120, 130kg)
  • Metcon 1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2-1, burpees and pull-ups
  • 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 push-ups and sit-up





6 comments:

  1. I loved the text, very informative! Thanks for the quality content!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this link from a Facebook group. They recommended this site. And really everything I've seen so far is very good! You like quality. Congratulations and highly recommend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations for the content, really of great value

    ReplyDelete